EKG Waveforms and Segments
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- atrial depolarization
- SA node stimulates right atria to contract (up-phase) followed by left atria (down-phase)
- Repolarization not seen on ECG (within QRS)
- Downward deflection ALWAYS
- Depolarization of interventricular septum
- Used to detect old MI (> 0.04 sec & > 25% of R-wave)
- Not always present
R & S-waves?
- R-wave (1st) large upright deflection
- S-wave negative deflection following the R wave
- Represent depolarization of R & L ventricles
wave further repolarization of ventricles
- from beginning to right before the Q wave dip
- the time required for the impulse to leave the SA node travel through the atria, AV node, bundle of HIS, bundle branches and Purkinje fibers
end of ventricular depolarization and ventricular repolarization
ventricular depolarization and repolarization
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview