Ren R 441 landscape models of soil formation
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- chain of soils
- a series of distinct soils on a slope
- result of pedogenic processes and how they vary as a result of changing slope
- a toposequence?
soil taxa result from operation of a ______________ on the parent sediments
distinctive pedogenic regime
hydrological and geological processes occurring on a landscape scale
hydrological processes controlling lower slope soils related to: (3 things)
- magnitude of surface and near-surface flow
- ability to transmit flow
- interaction with groundwater
specific dispersal area
- how much water an area sheds
- *areas that receive a lot of water won't dispense a low*
western canada common salts? cations
western canada common salts? anions
- nitrate salts
- sulfate salts
current distribution of pedogenic salts within the landscape correlated with what?
the distribution of soil profiles
spatial variability in long-term soil water balance =
spatial variability in distribution of soils and pedogenic salts
why are carbonates sensitive to pH?
carbonic acid helps dissolve carbonates and leach them down
- calcium sulfate
- more soluble than carbonates
buried soils indicate what?
changes in original topography
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview