EOOW MURDER BOARD 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What VRTU is used for Main Engine?
What type of engine is the SSDG?
What is the purpose of the Kneumatic Control Box?
What happens to the pitch when you E-stop?
What is a Blue Diamond?
What type of engine is the MPDE?
- Colt-Pielstick high shock
- 16 cylinders arranged in a 45-degree vee configuration
- 10,400 bhp
- 520 RPM
- Sequential turbocharged (STC)
- Dry crankcase - drains into the main oil sump located below the engine
- Model 16PC2.5V STC marine engines
What type of MRG do we have?
- Philadelphia Gear Corporation
- model 154 DHCMG-CP MRG
- compound horizontal offset
- single-reduction assemblies with double helical gear teeth
- ratio - 3.145:1
- reduce from 520 engine RPM to 165 shaft RPM
- producing 234,300 ft. lb. of thrust
- 20,250 shaft horsepower
What is the purpose of the crankcase vacuum?
- Minimize moisture and condensate
- Prevent high fuel dilution that can cause crankcase explosion
What's so special about our MPDE engine?
STC (Sequential Turbo Charger)
What is the purpose of the STC?
- Use of two TC in parallel for efficient full power operation
- Use of one TC below 50% power for low speed, high-torque operation
What is the engine rotation?
What is the shaft rotation?
What's the advantage of having a CPP?
To allow forward and aft direction without changing shaft rotation
How many cold start with an air receiver?
What is an ECS and what does it do?
A computer inter-connected to the ships machinery through SWN And VRTU
How many VRTU do we have?
Will a VRTU desinc shut the engine down?
How many ECS consoles do we have?
How are ECS inter-connected?
- Inter-connected through the ship SWAN (Ship Wide Area Network)
- SWAN allows ECS console to communicate with VRTU (VME-based Remote Terminal Units).
- VRTU interfaces with ships machinery.
Where are SWAN cabinets located?
What is the purpose of SWAN?
Allows ECS console to communicate with VRTU
How many Load Centers do we have?
What's special about Load Center 11?
- It has grey water pump in it
- Pump has no alternate power
How many A/C's do we have?
What kind of A/C do we have?
What console in CCS is not an ECS?
MDGOL: What will prompt EOOW to proceed to immediate actions?
When automatic load shedding fails
MLSSG: What are the indications for MLSSG?
- L/O header pressure below 65 psi
- L/O pressure alarm 46 psi
- L/O pressure trip 185 psi
- High L/O temp above 185 psi
- F/O header pressure below 60 psi
- F/O pressure alarm 38 psi
- F/O service tank low level
- SSDG slows down to stop
- GCB trips without command
MNVDG: What is the indication of MNVDG?
Unusual noise or vibration in SDDG.
MNVDG: What should you do if its an excessive metallic noise or vibration?
MDGCE: What are the indications for MDGCE?
- High crankcase pressure
- High crankcase pressure alarm - .1450 psi
- Loud explosion and heavy smoke
- Engine stops immediately
MDGOH: What are the indications of SSDG Overheating?
- Gauge JW temp above 206 F
- JW temp alarm 217 F
- High or low water level in expansion tank
- Low seawater pressure 10 psi
- Low JW alarm 10 psi
- Low LO alarm 46 psi
- High LO alarm 198 F
MMF: What are the indications of MMF?
- Bilge alarm in DCC sounds
- Space bilge level rising rapidly.
- Inability to control bilge level by normal methods
- Water flooding in through ruptured firemain or seawater service system piping.
What are the indications of MHBRG?
- Bearing L/O outlet temp exceeds 185 F or L/O temp differential between inlet and outlet exceeds 55 F (uncontrollable)
- Bearing babbitt temp exceeds 250 F (uncontrollable)
- Bearing cover hot to touch
- Rapid rise in bearing temp
- Insufficient or no oil flow through the bearing sight flow
- Bearing emitting smoke
MHBRG: If bearing is above normal temp and is not 185 F and bearing Babbitt temp does not exceed 250 F, shift thrust control from pilothouse to CCS and slow both shafts one major speed decrement, 2/3, then 1/3.
MHBRG: NOTE: What is the action if the reduction of speed and/or other controlling actions do not stabilize or control bearing temperature?
E-stop the shaft
MHBRG: NOTE: What is the action when uncontrollable bearing is on engine pinion?
E-stop the engine
What are the indications of MLLOPR?
- L/O pressure to header below 25 psi
- Low L/O pressure warning 18 psi at most remote bearing
- Low L/O pressure alarm 17 psi at most remote bearing
- No oil flow in oil sight flow
- Excessive MRG bearing temp
- MRG L/O sump level low indicator illuminated
- L/O filter DP 10 or greater
- STBY L/O pump starts
- Increased noise in reduction gear train
What are the indications of MDGEO?
- Gauge indicates J/W temp above 185 F.
- J/W high temp alarm 190 F.
- High or low water level in J/W expansion tank.
- Low seawater pressure.
- Low J/W pressure.
- Low L/O pressure.
What are the indications of MLLOP?
- L/O header pressure 70-85 psi
- Rocker arm L/O pressure 20-30 psi
- L/O low pressure alarm 58 psi
- Rocker arm L/O low pressure alarm 10 psi
- L/O header low pressure shutdown 50 psi
- Engine noise increases
What are the indications of MDEGM?
- Excessive hunting of governor or fluctuating engine speed
- Engine fails to respond to speed/load change.
- Engine running at excessive speed for throttle setting.
- Engine stops suddenly.
- Engine overspeeds or surges.
What are the indications of MHLSB?
- Bearing cover is hot to touch.
- L/O temp above normal for existing load.
- Unusual rise in bearing L/O sump temp, exceeds 165 F.
- Bearing temp exceeds 250 F.
- Unusual noise or vibration in shafting or MRG.
- Babbitt or foreign matter discovered in L/O sample.
- Bearing emitting smoke.
- Bearing high temp alarm 250 F.
What are the indications of MLPCA?
- Air compressor malfunction.
- Clutch chattering.
- ECS indicates clutch disengaged.
- Governor low air pressure alarm 190 psi
- Clutch/brake low air pressure alarm 91 psi
What are the indications of MMFOL?
- Spray or leak of F/O in affected area.
- Severe pressure drop or total loss of F/O pressure.
- Main engine/SSDG stops.
- F/O header pressure drops.
- Smell of F/O in space.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview