history six weeks test
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Who was Haym Solomon?
a merchant prime financier during the AR
Who was Patrick Henry?
- wrote speeches that inspired the patriot cause
- " Give me Liberty or Give me death"
Who was General Cornwallis?
- surrendered at Yorktown
- was a general for the British
Who was George Washington?
commander of Continental Army
Who was Abigail Adams?
- wife of John Adams
- fought for women's rights
Who was Mercy Otis Warren?
wrote anti-British propaganda
Who was Benjamin Franklin?
- went to France to negotiate alliance
- helped draft D of I
Who was King George the 3rd?
- King of Great Britain
- passed all acts, taxes that lead to AR
What was the Treaty of Paris (1763)?
ended the F and I War
Causes of the AR
- all Acts and taxes
- Boston Massacre and Boston Tea Party
What was the 1st Continental Congress?
- meeting of delegates
- decided to boycott British goods
What was July 4th 1776?
- colonies declare independence
- stated grievances against GB
What was Lexington and Concord?
- first battle
- " shot heard around the world"
- British troops sent as sign of force
What was the Battle of Bunker Hill?
- first major battle
- British win but have large casualties
What was the 2nd Continental Congress?
- created Continental Army
- created currency
- Olive Branch last chance at peace
What was Valley Forge?
- harsh winter
- disease and lack of supplies
- trained by Van Steuben
What was the Battle of Saratoga?
- turning point in war
- American victory
What was the Battle of Yorktown?
- final battle
- Americans and French forces surrounded British
- Cornwallis surrenders
What was the Treaty of Paris?
- ended AR
- British forced to recognize A independence
What was the Articles of Confederation?
- created unified government that was weak
- gave states more power then Federal Government
What is a tribute?
praise to a person
What are Unalienable Rights?
rights that can't be taken away from you
What is bias?
favor of something
What is Civil Disobedience?
refusal to obey certain laws
What is a Farewell Address?
a letter people right when they leave
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview