Cell Unit Test
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the formula for Photosynthesis?
What is the formula for Cellular Respiration?
In what organelle does the process of cellular respiration occur?
In what organelle does the process of Photosynthesis occur?
Who are the two men that disproved the theory of spontaneous generation and what did they expirement with?
Franscesco Redi-Meat and Flies
What type of cell has a nucleus?
What type of cell has the DNA located in the cytoplasm?
What is Passive and Active transport? Name examples.
- Passive Transport-Movement of materials without the use of energy. EX.Diffusion and Osmosis
- Active Transport-Movement of Materials with the use of energy. EX.Diffusion and Osmosis
Who was the first man to discover cells?
Robert Hooke dicovered the first cells (dead) in a piece of cork.
Who was the first man to discover living cells?
Aton Von Leeuwenhoek discovered living cells and called them "animalcules".
What stores materials in a cell?
What organelle breaks up food?
What are the three types of cell sizes and what do they mean?
- Hypertonic-the cell is too small
- Isotonic-the cell size is normal
- Hypotonic-the cell is too big
What does endocytosis and exocytosis mean?
- Endocytosis-materials move out
- Exocytosis-materials move in
Whenever there is an imbalance between materials in and out of the cell the cell uses transport to achieve ____________.
What is diffusion?
The movement of any materials except for water.
What is osmosis?
The movement of water across the cell membrane.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview