Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1. Bioethics: the ethics of medical and biological research.
- 2. Beneficence: Taking positive action to help others, where best interest of the patient remains more important than self interest
- 3. Autonomy: freedom from external control or influence; independence.
- 1. Veracity - conformity to facts; accuracy
- 2. Fidelity - faithfulness to a person, cause, or belief
- 3. Utilitarianism - the doctrine that actions are right if they are useful or for the benefit of a majority.
study of the nature of duty and obligation
This term is defined by the outcome of the action rather than the action is what determines an ethical decision.
This term is when the motivations of the individual are considered more than the consequences of the Act.
Value clarification involves what 3 things?
- 1. Choosing: implies alternatives
- 2. Prizing: implies it is cherished as a value
- 3. Acting: implies congruence with your behaviors
T or F: Health Care professionals can request an ethics committee to avoid conflict.
False: can only be used if it is already brought up and you are not confident of recommendations given.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview