VICE ENFORCEMENT POLICY 3.1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
VICE ENFORCEMENT POLICY
All sworn personnel in the Philadelphia Police Department, regardless of rank orassignment, shall take immediate action to apprehend and/or formally proceed against all persons engaged in any vice activity. Vice activity for the purpose of this directive includes, but is not limited to, Illegal Gambling, Prostitution, and violations of the Pennsylvania Liquor Code laws relative to unlicensed alcoholic beverage sales
Illegal Gambling, Prostitution, and violations of the Pennsylvania Liquor Code laws relative to unlicensed alcoholic beverage sales.
ALL OFFICERS BELOW THE RANK OF CAPTAIN MUST DO WHAT IF THEY HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF VICE OR SUSPECTED VICE CONDITIONS?
A. Must prepare a Complaint or Incident Report (75-48)indicating the suspected vice condition and location.
B. Prepare a 75-48 for each suspected vice condition.
C. DO NOT USE DC numbers. They will be assigned by the vice investigator whennecessary.
- D. Report all available information, such as:
- 1. A description of the illegal vice activity
- 2. Name of principal and top level associates
- 3. Location of operation
- 4. Method and time of operation
- 5. Other pertinent information
- E. Distribution of Complaint or Incident Report (75-48):
- 1. The completed 75-48 will be personally handed to the Commanding Officer by the submitting police officer. The Commanding Officer of the district/unit will review and sign the 75-48. The white copy will be maintained and filed by the Commanding Officer in the district/unit.
- 2. The yellow copy of the 75-48 will be forwarded by the Commanding Officer of the reporting district/unit to the Commanding Officer, Citywide Vice.
- 3. The pink copy of the 75-48 will be retained by the submitting police officer.
WHAT ARE THE PLATOON SUPERVISOR’S RESPONSIBILITIES AT ROLL CALL AND HOW OFTEN?
A. The platoon commanders or in their absence the supervisors in all numbered districts will address their respective platoon once a month at roll call informing officers of 3 vice conditions (on another card).
B. instruct all officers that conversations with any known or suspected vice offender, or the entering of any establishment or premises where vice activity is suspected is to be recorded on a 75-48.
WHAT ARE THE THREE VICE CONDITIONS PLATOON SUPERVISOR’S ARE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ADDRESSING AT ROLL CALL?
- 1. Information relative to persons and locations in the district engaged in vice activity or suspected of vice activity.
- 2. Known modus operandi of vice offenders.
- 3. In addition, platoon commanders will instruct their officers in the departmental vice reporting policy contained in this directive. Supervisors will ensure that the date and time of such address is recorded on the district Sending and Receiving Sheet (S&R) for the pertinent tour of duty.
All conversations with any known or suspected vice offender, or when entering any establishment or premises where vice activity must be recorded on what?
Complaint or Incident Report (75-48)
When preparing a Complaint or Incident Report (75-48) what should officer below the captain not assign?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview