The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Cardiovascular symptoms - weird question on test
- Mid-thoracic pain + UE pain = angina in women
- Undue weakness, fatigue, nausea = concerning for a systemic origin of pain, especially cardio system
Sympathetic stimulation does what? What is released during?
- INC HR
- Epinephrine & noripinephrine
Parasympathetic stimulation does what? What is released during?
Management of minor internal bleeding:
Follow RICE procedure: rest, ice, compression, elevation
What is used to assess internal structures - EF, valves, septum, wall movement?
- Noninvasive, uses US
Myocardial perfusion imaging does what?
- Diagnose & evaluate ischemic heart disease & MI
- Ex: Thallium 201 scan
Chest x-ray reveals what? - 3
- Abnormalities of lung fluids
- Overall cardiac shape & size
Swan-Ganz (central line)
- Measures what? - 3
- Done how?
- Central venous P
- Pulmonary artery P
- Pulmonary capillary wedge P
- Catheter inserted through vessels to R heart