Pharmacology Quiez 2 prep
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Site of action
means drug should be delivered it target site, or specific part of the body.
Mechanism of action
How the drug works.
- Drug move through the body to its target site.
- Alteration of the existing biological and philological part of the body.
Route of Administration
Pharmaceuticals and Pharmacologically active.
If the drug does what it intended to do, Its called Pharmacological active, it is the process of biological and chemical interactions.
Drug action is the result of of an interaction between a molecule and a functionally important structure in human body, which alters biochemical or philological function.
It means the molecular interaction of the drug with body's receptors which leads to desired response.
the study of what body does it to drugs, Process of ADME.
Medication and drug
Drug is a substance or chemical capable of altering biological or chemical and philological process in the body. These responses can be either desirable or undesirable.
A medication in contrast, is drug that is used for purpose of restoring a dysfunctional or pathological process in the body it its desired process.
the theraputic response is called pharmalogic activity
Drug travels through the body though blood stream, it might produce other responses. When drug . The drug only effect site of action , not other things is called magic bullet.
Drugs side effects are usually related to when drug effect tissue where the response is not needed or not intended .
- Is the study of design and development of drug dosage form that will
- 1- deliver the chemically active form of drug in sufficient amount
- 2- withstand phsiological condition inside the patient body and
- 3- release all the active drug at a tolerable rate.
Drug + Receptor = [Drug-Receptor] =>Pharmalogical effect]
- [D] + [R] => [DR] ____ > Effect
- The strength of the drug-receoptor is measure in affinity.
- Such a drug should be close enough "imitator" of the 5-HT neurotransmeter to fit into the receptor
Agonist is the drug that produce stimulation type response.Agnoist is the drug that interacts with the receptor site and blocks or depress the normal response from receptors
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview