Social Studies Ch3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- change the way you live to fit a new place.
- example: Navajo in the desert
way of life, or the beliefs, ideas and language of a group of people
belief in God or gods
formal act or event that celebrates a people's beliefs
large system of computers
- believe NATURE is sacred
- live in desert
- grow corn squash bbeans
- hunt deer
- herd sheep and made wool blankets
- northern California
- live near forest and rivers, made dams, used only what they needed
- eat: berries, seeds, FISH
- houses: underground
way that people choose to make, buy, sell and use things
something members of a group traditionally do
exchange (items or money) with someone else
trade one item for another itm
- live: SouthEast US, Appalachian mountains
- 2 houses for summer and winter
- hunted, fished, gathered fruits, CORN
- winter: small round easy to keep warm
- summer: posts & slanted roofs
record of past events
invented Cherokee language
Cherokee fought with Europeans over ____.
What is the Trail of Tears?
In 1830s, USA made Cherokee move West to Oklahoma and over 4 thousand Cherokee died.
- culture's special way of doing something
- example: food, dance, crafts
- people of the longhouse: many families(CLAN) lived in one long house
- NorthEast near Lola Baby
- farm corn bean, squash
- had to store food for winter
- hunted deer, bears
- animal skin for clothing
- agreed with Peachemaker and ended war between Haudenosaunee nations
- created a new government
- organization that makes laws and keeps order
- Haudenosaunee goverment=Iriquois League
basic laws and ideas that a government and people follow.
gently rolling land at base of mountains where soil is good for planting crops.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview