Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are some common contraindications for a THR? (4)
- other orthopedic dz (CCL rupture)
- neurological disease
- bacterial pyoderma
- medical management was effective or incomplete
What is the number 1 cause for a dog needing a THR?
hip dysplasia and associated osteoarthritis
What are indications for a THR? (6)
- hip dysplasia
- femoral capital physeal fracture
- femoral neck fracture
- acetabular fracture
In general, at what age is an animal a candidate for THR?
- generally, wait until the growth plate of the greater trochanter is closed
- 6 months is the absolute youngest, special cases
What are important aftercare instructions after THR?
4-6 weeks of exercise restriction and rest
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview