Distinguish among physiological, ontogenetic, evolutionary, and functional explanations of behavior.
- PHYSIOLOGICAL= relates behavior to the activity of the brain and other organs.
- (Ex: Brain activity controls muscles)
= the development of structure and behavior through genes, nutricion, experiences, and interactions.
- EVOLUTIONARY= behavior evolved in our remote ancestors and we inherit them.
- (Ex: Goosebumps)
- FUNCTIONAL= a structure or behavior that is developed.
- (Ex: defense mechanisms, characteristic traits that give an advantage, seadragon)