Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
*Describe the 5 steps of the Client Consultation Process and know why each step is important
- Initial Interview Food Journal + NAQ
- Functional Evaluation
- The Plan + Nutritional Recommendations
- Follow‐Up Sessions
Why is the "Disclaimer + Initial Interview" in the consultation process important?
- Initial interview provides an opportunity to build rapport with the client + gather the info you need to understand their health concerns
- Play detective, practice the art of listening. Seek to understand the client and their health concerns. Look for their bigger concern
- Dig for the underlying cause of the problem
- Summarize the clients goals/concerns
- Confirm acceptance of the case
Why are the "Food Journal and NAQ" in the consultation process important?
- FOOD JOURNAL (Information gathering step - written + in conversation)
- Evaluate what they eat, check their ratio + quality of macronutrients
- Check for adequate water intake
- Check for diuretics: alcohol, coffee, black tea, soda, energy drinks, fruit juices, etc
- Check for food quality, sourcing and preparation
- Check for excessive consumption of sugar and starch
- Look at form globally
- Add up #’s in each section to get overall score
- Record score on Symptoms Burden Analysis Graph
- Pay special attention to sections in the “high priority” range
Why is the "Functional Evaluation" in the consultation process important?
- (Information gathering step - clinical from physical body)
- Use evaluation as a time to bond with client
- NTP’s use touch as an evaluative tool NOT a therapeutic tool
- After you complete the Functional Evaluation, you’ll review your findings to determine the weaknesses/deficiencies you want to address first. Then, you’ll use Lingual‐Neuro Testing (LNT) to find out what nutrient/protocol will work for that client.
Why are the "Plan + Nutritional recommendations" in the consultation process important?
- (Goal is to give client a comprehensive plan for their dietary + supplementation protocol)
- 1. Clinical Presentation Form for overall "big picture plan" for client
- 2. Nutritional Recommendations Form - 1 page protocol to give to client - primary way we communicate our recommendations
- Keep the protocol and suggestions simple
- Recommend the initial supplement protocol Make dietary recommendations
- Suggest exercise and lifestyle recommendations, if appropriate
- Make resource recommendations (books, blogs, classes, groups, etc.)
Why is the "Follow Up Session" in the consultation process important?
- (Monitor + track progress)
- Phone calls/email are good for checking in with the client after a week or so
- Re‐evaluations are comparative exams to measure progress
- Have the client complete a new NAQ
- Compare/highlight the symptoms from the first session and the follow up session
- Review the Functional Evaluation form and retest the points that were “hot”
- Record new rating on scale from 1 to 10
- Give positive feedback as you go
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview