Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Once a missing persons report is generated, the information shall be transmitted into Florida Crime Information Center and the National Crime Information Center databases within how many hours?
How many categories for missing person are there in NCIC?
- Parental Abduction
- Catastrophe Victim
- Juvenile Runaway
What unit is responsible for obtaining dental records after a person has been missing in excess of 30 days?
Special Victims Unit
If a missing child or missing adult is not located within ninety (90) days after the missing child or missing adult report is filed, what will be obtained by SVU?
A biological specimen for DNA analysis
The Department will place missing persons in one of three categories, which are?
- Child - age 11 or younger
- Juvenile - age 12 through 17
- Adult - age 18 and over
When the missing child is 11 years of age or younger, other than patrol, who must respond?
Patrol supervisor and a detective MUST respond to the scene to evaluate the likelihood of harm to the child.
When the missing child is 11 years of age or younger, who must respond to the scene?
Patrol supervisor and a detective
What are the responsibilities of the Sergeant, Detective and Lieutenant during stage one?
- The Patrol supervisor has the responsibility to coordinate the Patrol response
- The detective has the responsibility to coordinate the Investigative Services response
- The Lieutenant has the responsibility to coordinate the Department’s response
When does stage two commence for a missing child?
3 hours from the time he or she was last accounted for and/or if there will be an assumption that there is the likelihood of harm
True or False
STAGE ONE will not be extended beyond 3 hours
What shall occur during stage two of a missing child?
- The Special Victim’s Unit supervisor will be notified
- The Criminal Investigations Division is responsible for conducting an investigation to recover the child
- The Public Information Officer will coordinate efforts to make the public aware
What service uses a reverse 911 system; it places calls to homes and businesses within areas designated by law enforcement
“A Child is Missing, Inc.”
What unit(s) shall maintain the current phone numbers for A Child is Missing and Amber Alert?
- Communications Center
- Special Victim’s Unit
What program that is designed to broadcast critical information of a missing or abducted child believed to be in danger, using the Emergency Alert System (EAS), via commercial radio and television, road signs and other means
“AMBER ALERT”, This is a government program managed by the FDLE
What are the four criteria to initiate a AMBER ALERT
- The child must be under 18 years of age
- The child must be in danger of serious bodily harm or death.
- There must be enough descriptive information to believe a broadcast will be helpful
- The activation must be recommended by the local law enforcement agency of jurisdiction.
To activate a SILVER ALERT what are the criterias that must be met
- The missing person is thought to be driving a vehicle
- The missing person is 60 years old or older, and there is a clear indication that the individual has an irreversible deterioration of intellectual faculties (i.e., Alzheimer’s disease, dementia).
- The missing person is 18 to 59 years of age, and has irreversible deterioration of intellectual faculties
- Use of dynamic message signs may be the only way to locate the missing person
- The activation must be recommended by the local law enforcement agency of jurisdiction after verifying that the missing person suffers from irreversible deterioration of intellectual faculties
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview