Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Wanderings in the wilderness; faithful Jehovah/fickle Israel
- Numbers traces the judgment of God and His patience to prepare Israel to enter the promised land in spite of their rebellion.
- I. ORDERing the people of the exodus (1 - 10) - Sinai
- II. DISORDER among the people in the wilderness (11 - 25) - Wilderness
- III. REORDERing the new generation for entrance (26 - 36) - Plains of Moab
NUMBERS KEY CHAPTERS: 6
6 The vow of the Nazerite to dedicate himself to the Lord's service.
NUMBERS KEY CHAPTERS: 11
11 The grumblings of Israel and Moses. The provision of God.
NUMBERS KEY CHAPTERS: 12
12 Miriam's rebellion is punished with leprosy and Moses intercedes on her behalf.
NUMBERS KEY CHAPTERS: 13
13 The journey and return of the 12 spies into Canaan.
NUMBERS KEY PASSAGES: 16:31-35
16:31-35 God's destruction of Korah and his followers through the opening up of the ground. The fear of God is instilled in God's people.
NUMBERS KEY CHAPTERS: 22-25
22-25 Balaam, Balak, and the talking donkey.
NUMBERS KEY PASSAGES: 21:4-9
21:4-9 God's judgement through deathly fiery serpents. Moses sets up the bronze serpent as God's means for healing. (A foreshadowing of Christ on the cross; cf. John 3:14, 15)
NUMBERS KEY PEOPLE :Joshua
Joshua - Moses' servant and successor. A great military leader who led the people into the promised land.
NUMBERS KEY PEOPLE: Balaam
Balaam - A heathen prophet who when consulted by Balak, king of Moab, became conceited and greedy. He was halted in his tracks by an angel and commanded to speak only on behalf of God.
NUMBERS KEY DATES:
39 Years are covered. ca. 1444 - 1405 B.C.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview