The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Proteins contain __________ atoms, and carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen atoms. Understand that ________ _____ are the building blocks of protein.
The water of beverages and the water found in solid foods meet almost all our body's water needs daily
- Which of these is a symptom of deydration?
- ANSWER: thirst
- Which of these is the most abundant mineral in the body?
- ANSWER: calcium
Which of these is the best source of calcium?
- Where is most of your body's phosphorus found?
- ANSWER: bone
- What food is not a good source of iron?
- ANSWER: milk
- Which of these makes it most likely for a person to develop a thiamin deficiency?
- ANSWER: alcoholism
- Which of the minerals is the major positively charged ion found outside the cells?
- ANSWER: sodium
- Which of these minerals is the major positively charged ion inside body cells?
- ANSWER: potassium
- Which of these foods contribute the highest amount of sodium in the U.S. diet?
- ANSWER: processed foods (fast foods, smoked meats, etc)
- The DASH diet is designed to lower the risk of/help treat ________.
- ANSWER: hypertension
- Which of these is the richest source of potassium?
- ANSWER: fresh fruits and vegetables
- Which of the following conditions results from an iodine deficiency?
- ANSWER: goiter
Which of these individuals is at the LOWEST risk of an iron deficiency?
ANSWER: a middle-aged male
Which of the following must be available for thyroxine to be produced?
Which vitamin enhances the absorption of iron
ANSWER: vitamin C
- Which of these promotes the absorption of iron?
- ANSWER: MFP factor