Neck and Hyoid Muscles
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The body's most highly toned muscles
- Neck muscles:
- Platysma: Raises skin of neck, pulls corners of mouth down
- SCM: unilateral contraction (head bends to side), bilateral contraction (flexion between the neck and skull
- Trapezius: lifts the clavicle and scapula - hunching of the shoulders.
Hyoid muscle groups:
- Suprahyoid- muscles originate above hyoid bone
- Infrahyoid- muscles originate below hyoid bone
- Mylohyoid muscle- elevates hyoid bone depresses the mandible and helps elevate tongue
- Digastric muscles- anterior and posterior bellies- depresses mandible- opens and elevates hyoid bone and larynx during swallowing
- Stylohyoid muscles- elevates hyoid bone and larynx
- Omohyoid- depresses hyoid bone and larynx
- Sternohypid muscle- depresses hyoid bone
- Thyrohyoid- depresses hyoid bone
- Sternothyroid- depresses larynx.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview