The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Use time wisely
Eph 5:15-16 Look carefully how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.
Wise use of time is the preparation for eternity
Behold now is the day of salvation 2 Cor 6:2
Time is short
- James 4:14-15
- For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.
Time is passing away
- 1 John 2:17
- 17 And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.
The remaining time is uncertain
- Prov 27:1
- 27 Do not boast about tomorrow,
- for you do not know what a day may bring.
Lost time cannot be regained
- John 9:4
- 4 We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work.
- Phil 3:13-14
- forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
You are accountable to God for your time
- Rom 14:12
- 12 So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.
Time is so easily lost
- Prov 24:33-34
- 33 A little sleep, a little slumber,
- a little folding of the hands to rest,
- 34 and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.
- Prov 26:13-16
- 13 The sluggard says, "There is a lion in the road! There is a lion in the streets!"
- 14 As a door turns on its hinges,
- so does a sluggard on his bed.
- 15 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish; it wears him out to bring it back to his mouth. 16 The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes than seven men who can answer sensibly.
We value time at death
12 Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near of which you will say, "I have no pleasure in them"; 2 before the sun and the light and the moon and the stars are darkened and the clouds return after the rain,
Time's value in eternity
- 1 Cor 6:19-20
- You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.