MCQ Breast - Miscellaneous disease of breast
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Treatment of Retromammary Breast Abscess?
No need to drain retromammary abscess, only conservative treatmentQ
How is S. aureus are transmitted in breast abscess/
Via suckling neonateQ
Incision in drainage of breast abscess?
Circumareolar incisions or incisions paralleling Langer’s linesQ
MC benign tumor of female breastQ?
Treatment of breast cyst?
- • Aspiration for Solitary cyst: If they resolve completely, and if the fluid is not blood-stained, no further treatment is required (30% will recur and require reaspiration) Q
- • Core biopsy or local excisionQ: If there is a residual lump or if the fluid is blood-stained, for histological diagnosis (exclude cystadenocarcinoma, which is more common in elderly women
Treatment of cracked nipple?
Rest for 24–48 hours and the breast should be emptied with a breast pumpQ
Interpectoral nodes (CA breast) Q
Retropharyngeal nodes (CA Nasopharynx) Q
Pre-cricoid lymph nodesQ
Nodes in left axilla (CA stomach) Q
Sister Mary Joseph nodesQ
Periumbilical metastatic cutaneous nodules
Left supraclavicular nodeQ
Femoral canal nodeQ
LN of LundQ
Cystic lymph nodeQ
Drug of choice for Galactorrrhea?
Massive enlargement of usually both breastsQ•
Haagensen’s Criteria of Inoperability?
- 1. Extensive edema of the breastQ
- 2. Satellite noduleQ of carcinoma
- 3. Inflammatory carcinomaQ
- 4. Supraclavicular metastasisQ
- 5. A parasternal tumorQ, indicating spread to the internal mammary LNs
- 6. Edema of armQ
- 7. Distant metastasisQ
What is Amazia?
Congenital absence of the breastQ
What is Poland’s syndrome Q?
Amazia associated with absence of the sternal portion of the pectoralis major
What are the features of Breast Leiomyosarcoma?
- • Malignant tumorsQ composed of cells showing smooth muscle features
- • Locally aggressive tumor and hematogenous metastasisQ
- • Palpable axillary lymphadenopathy is uncommonQ and when encountered usually represents reactive LNs uninvolved by metastatic diseaseQ
- • A clinically negative axilla in presence of large tumor may be indicative of breast sarcoma
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview