The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Mechanism of Action
- Analgesia: Elevates pain threshold. May block pain impulses by inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis
- Antipyretic: Inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis in CNS.
- No anti-inflammatory or anti-platelet properties.
Hypersensitivity to acetaminophen or phenacetin
- Hepatic/Renal disease
- Renal Failure
Increased risk of hepatotoxicity when taken chronically with alcohol, rifampin, carbamazepine, barbituates
Dose and Route
- Adult: 325-650 mg PO/PR q 4-6 hours
- Pedi: 15 mg/kg PO/PR q 4-6 hrs