The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A delivery of nursing care organized around tasks is known as
- Aides and vocational nurses/licensed practical nurses are allowed to perform
- functions such as administration of medication and treatments. This
- functional kind of nursing results in a fragmented, impersonal kind of
The nurse calculates the mean arterial pressure (MAP) for a client whose blood pressure is 152/90. What is the MAP in mm Hg?
- MAP = [ (2 x diastolic) + systolic ] divided by 3
- MAP is calculated by adding the systolic pressure to twice the diastolic pressure and
- dividing by 3.
- 152 + 180 = 332 ÷ 3 = 110.66 = 111 mm Hg
Which client is at greatest risk for multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS)?
a. An older client with intestinal obstruction and septic shock
b. A near-drowning victim with a history of respiratory arrest
c. An adolescent with an autoimmune disease
d. An adult male with a myocardial infarction and pericarditisa. An older client with intestinal obstruction and septic shock
- High risk clients vulnerable for MODS include older clients with decreased
- organ reserve, comorbidities, and massive inflammatory or immune
- dysfunction, such as septic shock (A), or clients who have experienced
- various ischemia-reperfusion events related to trauma or surgical