PSYCHOLOGICAL STRESS/POLICE SHOOTING
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the line supervisor procedures involving police involving cases that result or may result in death or serious bodily injury by the actions of a Department member
- Evaluate the emotional condition of the employee.
- If it is determined that immediate counseling is necessary, the supervisor shall arrange for an emergency consultation with the EAP psychologist or their associate...if unavailable the Sgt may arrange for a meeting with the dept chaplain
- Police Officer(s) involved are to be removed from the scene as soon as possible at the direction of the Homicide Squad Supervisor
The officer involved may be assigned to administrative leave or duty at the discretion of who?
Chief of Police
What will be considered before re-assigning an officer to admin leave or duty?
- The line level supervisor's observations;
- The initial psychological counseling report by either our psychologist, or the Department Chaplain;
- The Bureau Assistant Chief's recommendations;
- Any follow-up counseling or treatment received by the employee.
How will reports concerning the psychological well-being of an employee involved in a traumatic experience be marked?
"CONFIDENTIAL," and will be filed and stored under existing policies in the Office of Internal Affairs
Who is responsible for:
-Supplying the officer if necessary with replacement of all equipment and uniform
-Arrange for a loaner weapon
-Arrange the officer’s appointment with the psychologist
-Liaison with the City Psychologist
-Ensure that the Injury Form is filled out
-If placed on Administrative leave ensure that the officer is transferred to the Administrative Support Division.
-Ensure that the family is notified and coordinate transportation home
THE ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FACILITIES CAPTAIN
Once an employee involved in an officer involved shooting receives the services of a psychologist, when can the officer return to full duty?
The employee must obtain written authorization that he/she is cleared to return to full duty by the attending psychologist
Who authorizes an officer to return to full duty after a police involved shooting?
The Chief of Police
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview