Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the function of the base?
Arm of the microscope?
- Serves as support, holds the illuminator
- Provides support between the tube and the base; used also for support when carried.
What is the function of the stage?
Stage adjustment knobs of the microscopejQuery1101005363825844015535_1507005532112
- A platform for holding slides; has a center hole to permit light from entering from below into the lenses; mechanical stage in vertical and horizontal directions
- Used to move the slide on the mechanical stage in a vertical and horizontal directions
What is the illuminator ?
Condenser of the microscope?
- Light source; at the base
- Collects and concentrats light upward through the object on stage
What is the iris diaphragm?
What is the Rheostat control knob?
- Adjusts the amount of light emitting by the bulb
- Controls the amount of light emitted by he bulb
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview