The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Definition: the sum of the atomic weights of each
- atom in its chemical formula.
- How to Find it: The formula weight can be calculated by using the atomic
- weights found in the periodic table and the chemical formula of
- the compound.
= (1 x 40.08)+(2 x 35.45)=110.98
- Atomic weight=amu
Number: 6.022 x 1023
- Definition: (constant) used to relate the amount
- of a substance to a number of particles of that same
Conversion example: 1 mol N / 6.022 x 1023
- Definition: The molar mass of a compound is always numerically equal
- to its formula weight.
Conversion example: 1 mol N / 14.01 g N