Psych Test 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- key concepts are related to an illness or defect.
- Medical- illness is located in the brain. Does begin to reduce stigma.
- Research into biologic transmission, biochemical and metabolic variables
- Genetic risk
- Dominance of the
- Medication education
- Symptom management
- childhood experiences influence adulthood
- (Advanced Practice)
- Nurses have limited
- focuses on here and now rather than the past.
- What we do is because of a learned behavior
- Goal is behavior change through conditioning
- General Systems Theory- recognizes the hirearchy and we try to
- maintain balance
- Goal is enhanced awareness and quality of interpersonal interactions.
- Holistic approach
- Therapeutic communication
- Nurse-patient relationship
Ethical dilemas in psychiatric care
- Potential stigma ofpsychiatric diagnoses
- Controlling individual freedom
- Involuntary treatment
- Restrictive treatment
- interventions- everyone has the right to
- the least restrictive care possible.
- Client’s right to suicide
- Client’s right to privacy
Role of the nurse
Cultural Competence includes:
Identifying healthcare issues
Culturally based assessment of risk factors
- Health and healing
- Religious or
- spiritual beliefs
Factors that influence expectations can be:
- Life experiences
Factors impacting mental health and illness:
Mental Disorder Characteristics
It is other than what is culturally expected
What does the DSM do?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview