Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
PTT: what is it, what does it do and norms
- Checks the effectivness of heparin
- NORM: 60-70 sec
- TARGET: 1.5x3 that
PT: what is it, what does it do and norms
- Effectivness of bloodthinning medication Warfarin
- NORM person: 11-15 sec
- TARGET: 2-2.5X that
What is a Stress test? What is the prep?
- Monitor ECG during a run on a treadmill.:
- PREP: no smoking, caffine, heavy meals 4 hours pretest
What is tahllium stress test and prep
- Heart under chemical stress to look for problems
- PREP: caffine fast for 24 hours and NPO after midnight day of test
What does right cardiac cath do:
- Checks pulmonic blood flow
- GOES IN VEIN
- Looks for structural defects.
Starts in vena cava, to R atrium, R vent, pulmonary artery
What does left cath do
- Measures cardiac output
- GOES IN ARTERY
- Starts in femoral, goes to left Atr, left vent, aortic
- Look for corony artery disease.
What to do before cardiac cathing
- Asess for iodine/shellfish allergy
- Check base line vitals and distal pulses
- Have patient pee
- Sedate as ordered
What to do after cardiac cathing
- Monitor EKG during and after
- Get vitals every 15 minutes, then every 30, then every hour as ordered
- Check puncture site for blood
- Check pulse, temp, color etc for damage to blood vessels
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview