- 1. [Demonstrate] Stand with feet together and arms to sides with your index fingers pointed and palms facing forward/out. And, HOLD this position until I tell you to start. Do you understand? Now, you stand in this position.
- 2. [Demonstrate] When I tell you to start, tilt your head back, and then close both eyes. Then bring the hand you are directed to upward, touching the tip of your index finger to the tip of your nose. After touching your nose, IMMEDIATELY bring your hand back down to your side. Do you understand? We will now begin the test.
Left, Right, Left, Right, Right, & then Left
- 6 Clues Total:
- 1. Sways
- 2. Unable to touch end of nose
- 3. Did not use tip of finger
- 4. Eye lid tremors
- 5. Opens eye during test
- 6. Does not bring hand down from nose