Business & Professional Communication
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
List six practices to create and maintain a positive communicative environment.
- 1. Use descriptive "I" language.
- 2. Focus on solving problems, not controlling others.
- 3. Be honest not manipulative.
- 4. Show concern for others.
- 5. Demonstrate an attitude of equality.
- 6. Keep an open mind.
Six guidelines to giving praise.
- 1. Praise Promptly
- 2. Make Praise Specific
- 3. Praise progress as well as perfection
- 4. Praise Intermittently
- 5. Relay Praise
- 6. Praise Sincerely
List four things to consider when critiquing
- Consider the content
- Consider the sender of critique
- Consider the relational climate
- Consider the delivery
List four the guidelines of content when delivering criticism
- Limit the criticism to one topic
- Make sure the criticism is accurate
- Define the problem clearly
- Show how your criticism can benefit the recipient
Name two guidelines to consider who should deliver criticism
- Choose the most credible critic
- Make sure the criticism is appropriate to the critic's role
Name three context-related factors that can boost the odds of getting the desired reactions
- Deliver remarks as part of a positive relationship
- Accept partial responsibility for the problem
- Accompany your criticism with an offer to help
Name two guidelines to consider when delivering criticism
- Deliver criticism in a face-saving manner
- Avoid sounding and looking judgmental
What are the three best responses to criticism?
- Seek more information
- Agree with the criticism
- Work for a cooperative solution
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview