Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Antipyretic, Analgesic, NSAID
Mechanism of Action
Inhibits Cyclooxygenase (COX) decreasing production of prostaglandins thus decreasing pain, fever, and inflammation.
- Less than 6 months old
- GI Intolerance such as Colitis
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Pulmonary edema
- Abdominal Pain
- Reduces effectiveness of loop diuretics and ACE-inhibitors
- Increases hemorrhage potential when given with aspirin
Dosage and Route
- Adult: 200-600 mg PO/PR q 6-8 hours
- Pedi: 10 mg/kg PO/PR q 6-8 hours
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview