Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Four necessary conditions:
- 1.phenotypic variation among individuals
- 2. variation is (partly) heritable
- 3. more individuals are born than will survive and reproduce (individuals have
- differential fitness)
- 4. fitness is non-random and depends on
• conspecific nest parasitism
Partitioning genetic variation
What you should know about QTL mapping
• why is QTL mapping done?
• what are the general steps involved?
• why do parental genotypes need to be homozygous?
• why score phenotypes and genotypes in F2 offspring?
• what is the purpose of genetic markers?
• for QTLs that are physically linked to marker loci, what should the associations between phenotype and genotype look like?
Environmental factors that influence fitness are called:
Agents of selection
synonyms:selection factors, selection agents, selection pressures, selection environment, etc.
Traits evolve in response to agents of selection
to produce adaptations
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview