Fun Srvs Merch Exam 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The difference between a casket and a coffin?
- A coffin is used for funeral service and wedge shaped-anthropodial-shaped like a human with 8 sides
- A casket is for protection/practical utility & suitable for a memory picture (rectangle shapped
Materials used in casket construction?
- Ferrous Metals
- Non-Ferrous Metals
- & other materials like Polymer & fiberglass
Examples of hardwoods and softwoods
- hardwoods: Walnut (hardest), Oak, Maple, Cherry, Mahogany, Poplar, Birch and Pecan
- softwoods: Redwood, Cedar, Cypress, Fur, Spruce, Pine
Ferrous metals are and how the thickness is expressed?
- any metal made out of iron and more suseptable to rust
- the thickness is by gauges... the thicker the gauge the lighter the metal is
Non-Ferrous metals are and how the thickness is expressed?
- any metal not containing any iron mostly in bronze & copper
- it's expressed in oz. in sq. foot. 32 oz & 48 oz. the higher the # per sq. foot the thicker the metal is.
The componenet parts of the casket which includes the shell, the body and the hardware?
- The Cap or Lid
- Rim or Ogee
- Pie or Fishtail
- Rim Flange (ogee flange)
- Gasket channel
- Header flange
- Top body molding or body ledge
- Body panel
- Base molding
- (Stiffeners & Structural ribs)
- Top body molding flange or body ledge flange
- Full length swing bar
- Individual swing bar
- Full length stationary bar
- Bail handle (bail bar)
The component parts of the handle?
- Lug or Ear
- arm or Bracket
- Corner or Escutcheon
- Production methods: Metal cast hardware & stamped extrusion molding hardware
The interior of caskets-component parts?
- Component parts:
- Cap panel
- a. Full Coucrh
- b. Half Couch
- head and foot panel
Inner panels and parts
- Inner panels
- roll (cove, puffing)
- gimp (fold)
- Throw (overlay overthrow)
- Apron or Skirt Extendover (valance)
- Body lining
- Hinge cover (hinge skirt)
thickness varies/ 3 1/4 to 7/18 in stock is used in construction
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview