Formation of Ondontoblasts and Dentin Matrix in the Bell Stage
1. After the IEE differentiates into preameloblasts, the outer cells of the dental papilla are induced by the preameloblasts to differentiate into odonoblasts
2. Repolarization occurs in the similar manner as the preameloblasts. However, these cells are lined up next to basement membrane in a mirror image of the preameloblasts.
3. Odonotblasts now begin dentinogensis or production of dentin matrix (predentin) on their side of the basement membrane
4. Odontoblasts start their secretory activity before the enamel matrix production begins.
5. This explains why the dentin layer is slightly thicker than the corresponding layer of enamel matrix