The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Factors that contribute to personal hygiene.
• Culture: americans bathe too much according to some
- Communal bathing
- • Socioeconomic Class: where are poor and homeless going to bathe?
- • Spiritual Practices: Orthodx jews weird bathing rituals for women
- • Developmental and Knowledge Level: advanced age can hinder good hygiene, mentally disabled, young kids
- • Health State-dementia, or physically unable to bathe
- Personal Preferences
What are some purposes of bathing a patient?
o assess patient and ask questions
- o ask about bathing habits, normal hygiene practices, past surgeries ( note scars), note bruises
- o helps patient to relax
- o promotes circulation
- o provides sensory input
- o improves self- image
- o builds nurse/patient relationship
- o back rubs increase venous return, two hands up center of back, across the shoulders and down with palms
- o touch