Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Purpose of vent fog precipitator
to remove entrainted oil mist from the vented air of the reduction gears before it discharged into the engine space
Precipitator operates on what?
- - 120vac
- - 60 hz
- - single phase
What is the power pac used for?
to convert electrical power to high voltage 10,000 vdc
- half-wave voltage doubler
- consist of high-voltage xformer
- 2 selenium rectifiers
- 2 capacitors
Power Supply Assembly
- a self-regulation type
- known as a constant-voltage xformer
- X3-X4 wires
- connected to resonatiing capacitor
- serves to hold power supply voltage at a constant level
- designed to limit the output power
Surge Limiting Resistor
- connected to the hight voltage power supply
- limits the current of an arc and provides protection for the capacitors
Negative output of the power supply
connected to ground thru a surge limiting resistor
What happens when the operating voltage drops to below its minimum requirements?
lamp will go out
How does the access cover safety switch works?
when cover is removed, the contacts are open and de-energizes the primary of the power supply
Components of the precipitator
- ionizer electrode
- electrode chuck
- high voltage tube
How is the assemply held?
- held inside the collector tube by an insulator
- insulator also serves to electrically insulate the hight-voltage assembly
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview