MGMT 339 Ch. B1 Summary
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What R the 4 major waves of change that challenges managers in the new competitive landscape? Elaborate in different flashcards.!!!!!!!
- Technological Change
- Knowledge Management
- Collaboration Across Organizational Boundaries
Reason to why we have Globalization, what it means and how it is possible.
- Reason - Strong demand from consumers and businesses overseas. Companies want to grow
- Means - Company's talent can come from anywhere- low cost competition
- Possible - Internet
Competitive Advantage result from?
What are the primary functions of Management?
What r the different management levels of an organization?
- Top Management
- Middle Management
Managers perform a variety of roles. 10 of which fall into what 3 categories?
Roles that are categorized as Informational are?
Roles that are categorized as Interpersonal are?
Roles that are categorized as Decisional are?
- Disturbance handler
- Resource allocator
To be an effective manager what skills will you need?
- Conceptual and Decision
- Interpersonal and Communication
What are the 2 broad categories for management history?
What are the 5 categories for Classical
- Scientific Management
- Human Relations
What are the 4 contemporary history in order
- Organizational Behavior
- Contingency Perspective
List the 10 Manager Roles - remember to elaborate on the roles!!!!
- Disturbance Handler
- Resource Allocator
What is ERP?
- Enterprise Resource Planning - Weaves together all of the company's major business functions.
- Ex: orders, design, purchasing, HR, forecasting
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview