PH exam review
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
What are the 6 dimensions of wellness?
physical, emotional, intellectual, interpersonal, spiritual, environmental.
The precontemplative stage is characterized by...
A belief that there is no need for change.
Which of the following is a stressor?
The branch of the autonomic nervous system that is activated when a person is exposed to a stressor is the _____ nervous system.
Which of the following is a cognitive technique for stress management?
2nd level of Maslow's hierarchy of needs?
Saftey & Security
Optimism, trust, and self-confidence are componets of...
The behavior one identifies for change is called...
person who suppresses anger and feels hopeless is personality type...
Being inner directed is most closely associated with...
Goal of healthy people 2010 is...
eliminate health disparities among americans
Which is positive social influence on health behavior?
Which is characterized by the stress response?
blood pressure increase
Ex of a resilient person would be...
a low-income student graduating from college
Erikson's model is experienced...
deals well with stress
3 EX of stress related health problems that could result from changes in immune system functioning.
Heart disease, type 2 diabetes, accelerated aging.
unaaceptable feelings being transfered from one event or person to a less threatening one is...
2 behaviors promote the development of intellectual wellness.
find new hobby, take a class
Devin wants to start exercising in 1 month. List stage and steps.
Preparation: 1)create a plan ; 2)sign a contract ; 3)take small steps
3 things a person could do to manage their stress.
exercise, sleep, relax
Public speaking is a...
fear of being observed by others.
- Simple phobia (fear of object, situation)
- Social phobia (fear of being observed)
- Panic disorder (severe anxiety attacks, suddenly)
- Generalize Anxiety Disorder (GAD) (excessive worry)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- -Obsession: recurrent unwanted thoughts (hurting someone, getting germs)
- -Compulsion: repetitive difficult to resist actions
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- -Feeling of sadness and hopelessness
- -Loss of pleasure
- -Poor appetite/overeating
- -Thoughts of worthlessness
- -Trouble concentrating
- -Thoughts of death or suicide
Excessive elation, irritability, talkativeness, need little sleep, spend lots of money, fantastic projects.
- ›Alternating periods of depression and mania
- ›Treatment: tranquilizers (lithium) mania
- ›Treatment: anticonvulsants (stabilize moods)
- ›Cause still uncertain: possible chemical imbalance and/or certain genes increase risk
- Characterized by a disturbance in thinking and in perceiving reality.
- General characteristics:
- Disorganized thoughts
- Inappropriate emotions
- Auditory hallucinations
- Deteriorating social and work function
emphasis on changing brain chemistry.
- 1.Antidepressants (prozac, wellbutrin, effexor)
- 2.Mood stabilizers (lthium, topomax)
- 3.Antipsychotics (reduce hallicinations- haldol, risperdal)
- 4.Anti anxiety agents (xanax, diazepam
emphasis on changing behavior
- (emphasizes changing thoughts)
- -Ideas and attitudes affect behavior and feelings
- -Cognitive therapy- identifies false ideas (Ex. I am fat)
- (emphasis changing thoughts)
- -focus on present not past/therapist facilitates self-exploration
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview