Intro to Animals
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Four features of an animals body plan
- number of embryonic tissue layers
- type of body symmetry and degree of cephalization
- type of body cavity (if any)
- embryo development (dueterostomate, protostomate, etc.)
- 2 tissues
- 3 tissues
outer tissue layer
inner tissue layer
middle tissue layer
3 types of symmetry
- Asymmetry - no symmetry
- Radial Symmetry - multiple planes of symmetry
- Bilateral Symmetry - one plane of symmetry
bilateral animals also have __________.
"true" body cavity with mesoderm lining both inner and outer layers
body cavity with mesoderm on outer layer only
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview