Card Set Information
verb (used with object)
1. to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
with hand on hip and elbow bent outward: to stand with arms akimbo.
1. weariness of body or mind from strain, oppressive climate, etc.; lack of energy; listlessness; languor.
2. unrestrained by law or general morality; lawless; immoral.
verb (used without object)
1. to think or meditate in silence, as on some subject.
1. of or pertaining to money
a condition, state, or situation, esp. an unfavorable or unfortunate one: to find oneself in a sorry plight.
1. full of, characterized by, or showing presumption or readiness to presume in conduct or thought.
1. tending to subvert or advocating subversion, esp. in an attempt to overthrow or cause the destruction of an established or legally constituted government.
1. without contents; empty: the vacuous air.