Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Fluphenazine (Permitil, Prolixin)
- dry mouthblurred vision
- urinary retention
- delayed ejaculation
Extrapyramidal Side Effects
Believed to be caused by their actions on dopamine receptors.
- Akathisia (extreme motor restlessness)
- Acute Dystonia (muscle spasms in the mouth, face, and neck)
- Tardive Dyskinesia (most serious)
- *Haloperidol associated with most severe extrapyramidal effects
- *Clozapine can cause white blood cell dyscrasia
Other Side Effects
- Orthostatic Hypotension (low blood pressure upon standing)
- Inhibited Ejaculation
- Weaght Gain
- Cardiac Arrhythmia
- Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (potentioall fatal, resembles Parkinson's)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview