Musical Theatre Ex1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the production responsibilities of the Producer?
- Finances the production either through his/her own money or money from investors (called "angels")
- Hires the creative team: playwright, composer, lyricist director, choreographer, and designers
- Overall head of the production: has 'the final say'
What are the production responsibilities of the Playwright?
- Writes the story line
- Writes the dialogue for the character - referred to as "the book" Works with composer, lyricist, and director
What are the production responsibilities of the Composer?
- Write the music: Melodies, Harmonies, and accompaniment
- May or may not do the orchestration - the parts that the orchestra plays
- May or may not be the lyricist
What are the production responsibilities of the Lyricist?
- Writes the words to the song
- May or may not be the same person as the playwright
What are the production responsibilities of the Director?
- Responsible for staging the play (the blocking: movement on stage by the actors) // the compositional "pictures on stage"
- Hires the actors
- Works with the playwright, composer, lyricist, choreographer, and designer
- Frequently responsible for the "vision" or "concept" of the production
- Reports directly to the Producer
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview