The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Maximum Ramp Weight:
Maximum Take-off Weight:
Maximum Landing Weight:
Maximum Zero Fuel Weight:
Buoyancy Limitations (Take-Off / Landing near Bodies of water):
- (1) TAKE-OFF ON RUNWAYS NEAR BODIES OF WATER:
- For take-off at weights above the maximum landing weight, OUTFLOW VLV 2 must be closed and one air-conditioning pack must be shutdown for take-off.
- (2) LANDING ON RUNWAYS NEAR BODIES OF WATER
- For forced / emergency landing at weights above the maximum landing weight, OUTFLOW VLV 2 must be closed and one air-conditioning pack must be shutdown for landing.
Maximum ambient air temperature for take-off and landing:
+50 °C (122 °F)
Minimum ambient temperature approved for take-off:
−40 °C (−40 °F).
COWL ANTI-ICE SYSTEM (Ground) must be ON when:
- the OAT is 10°C (50°F) or below and visible moisture in any form is present (such as fog with a visibility of more than 1,500m or less, rain, snow and ice crystals.
- also be ON when the OAT is 10°C (50°F) or below when operating on runways, ramps or taxiways where surface, snow, ice, standing water or slush is present.
WING ANTI-ICE SYSTEM (Ground) must be on when:
- the OAT is 5°C (41°F) or below and visible moisture in any form is present (such as fog with a visibility of more than 1,500m or less, rain, snow and ice crystals.
- Must also be ON when the OAT is 5°C (41°F) or below when operating on runways, ramps or taxiways where surface, snow, ice, standing water or slush is present.
- When anti-icing fluids have been applied, the wing anti-ice system must only be selected ON, if required, just prior to thrust increase for take-off.
ANTI-ICE SYSTEM (Airborne) must be on when:
in icing conditions or when ICE is annunciated by the ice detection system.
Do not hold in icing conditions:
with the slats extended.
When in icing conditions maintain a minimum engine speed of:
Maximum runway slopes for take-off and landing:
Maximum tailwind component for take-off and landing:
Display Unit Operating Temperature (ground) is prohibited:
for greater than 30 minutes with a flight compartment temperature of 40°C or greater.
Static Ground Operation Prohibited N1 range:
66% to 80% N1
Maximum Tailwind Component for Engine Start:
Take-off Limitation when Crosswind Component Exceeds 20 knots:
Do not exceed 66% N1 below 30 KIAS (does not apply if wind direction within 10 degrees of aircraft centreline).
Starter Cranking Limits:
- 3 consecutive engine start cycles of 3 minutes each
- 15 seconds cooling between cycles
- After 3 attempts, a 15 minute cooling period is required
- Starter must not be used if indicated RPM exceeds 42% N2
Fuel Imbalance Limits (On Ground and During Take-off and Landing):
- Wing Tank Fuel Load < 19,450 lb = 1100 lb
- Wing Tank Fuel Load > 20,250 lb = 600 lb
- Wing Tank Fuel Load between 19,450 lb and 20,250 lb = 1100 lb to 600 lb
Fuel Imbalance Limits (During Flight, not take-off or landing):
Max Usable Fuel Loads (each tank):
- Wing Tanks = 15,050 lb each
- Centre Tank = 6,100 lb
Minimum Fuel Quantity for Go-Around:
600 lb per wing
When Using Wide-Cut or CIS Fuels, Operation is Limited to ______ feet until the bulk fuel temperature is below _____°C.
Operation limited to 13,000 feet until the bulk fuel temperature is below 15 °C.
When Using Wide-Cut or CIS Fuels, _________ must be inhibited.
Fuel Recirculation must be inhibited.
Minimum Engine Fuel Temperature for Take-Off:
Fuel Crossfeed must be ______ for take-off and landing.
must be OFF for take-off and landing
Oil Temperature must be minimum ______ °C for starting, ______ °C before accelerating above idle. Max permissable is ______ °C.
- Minimum for starting: −40°C
- Minimum before accelerating above idle +20°C
- Maximum Permissible: +160°C
Maximum Oil Consumption:
0.2 litres per hour (0.21 US quarts per hour)
Oil Replenishment System Min. Operating Temperature:
AutoThrottle use during landing is prohibited when:
flaps are at any position other than flaps 30°
APU Altitude Limits:
Max Operating: _______
Max Starting: _______
Max Bleed Air Extraction: _______
- Max Operating: 45,000 feet
- Max Starting: 37,000 feet
- Max Bleed Air Extraction: 30,000 feet
APU Ground Temperature:
Minimum for start __ °C
Maximum for bleed air extraction for air conditioning __ °C
- Minimum ambient temperature for starting cold soaked APU: −40 °C.
- Bleed extraction for air conditioning prohibited above 45 °C OAT
Landing Gear Limitations:
Max Retraction Speed: _____
Max Extension Speed: _____
Max Speed when Extended: _____
Max Altitude when Extended: _____
- Max Retraction Speed: 200 KIAS
- Max Extension Speed: 200 KIAS
- Max Speed When Extended: 250 KIAS (0.7M)
- Max Altitude When Extended: 20,000 feet
Tyre Limit Speed:
183 knots ground speed
Pack discharge temperatures during manual mode control must be kept between:
5°C and 60°C.
Max Pressure differential during:
Taxi and Take-off: ____
Landing (at touchdown): _____
- Taxi and Take-off: 0.1 psi
- Landing (at touchdown): 1.0 psi
Auxilliary Pressurization use is prohibited:
At altitudes greater than 41,000 feet
Use of the EMER DEPRESS switch is prohibited when:
at altitudes above 15,000 feet
Maximum Altitude for flight with the Yaw Damper Disengaged is:
Minimum Autopilot Engage Height:
400 feet AGL
Minimum Autopilot use Heights:
Precision Approach: _____
Non-Precision Approach: _____
Non-Precision Approach (with vertical path reference): _____
- Precision Approach: 80 feet AGL
- Non-Precision Approach: 400 feet AGL
- Non-Precision Approach (with vertical path reference): 160 feet AGL
Load Limit on APU Generator:
Flight Spoilers must be retracted below _____ feet AGL.
below 300 feet AGL.
Maximum Altitude with Slats / Flaps Extended:
FMS Must Not be Used as a Navigation Source Unless it is Receiving Suitable Navigation Information From:
- One VOR/DME or
- Two DMEs or
- One inertial reference system
Use of FMS as a sole NAV Source for instrument approaches is prohibited past the final approach fix unless:
APP is annunciated on the PFD
The GPS sensor(s) must be deselected when on approach in airspace:
not referenced to WGS-84 or NAD-83