The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Unit 2: Hospitality Functional Applications
Illustrate the purpose of Global Distribution System (GDS) in your travel agency.
- Purpose of GDS as a businessman , your first step is to sign up with a GDS representative.
- - Maximise both reservation & revenue using GDS.
- - Attract new business using the GDS system.
- - Market yourself well using the GDS system.
- - Encourage existing customers to make repeat booking directly with you.
- - The objective of any business is to minimize commission pay to middleman, eg: travel agent.
Unit 3: Property Management & Ancillary Systems.
Illustrate the purpose (4 Marks) of Ancillary systems that can be intergrated with PMS, explainf 4 Ancillary sytems that can be useful. (16 Marks)
The purpose of an Ancillary system.
- - To increase efficiency & control
- - Helps to generate valuable & incremental revenue for the property.
4 useful Ancillary systems are :
- Electronic Door-Locking System
- - Ensures a higher level of security.
- - Can be programmed.
- - May be kept as a souvenir.
- Energy Management System
- - Helps to conserve energy.
- - Sensors installed to detect movements.
- - Inserting card key into a electrical holder will switch on the electrical power in the room.
- Call Accounting & Telephone System.
- - Auto wake-up call.
- - Voicemail.
- - Wireless telephone.
- - Internet dial-up.
- Tv-Based System.
- - Cable TV
- - Used to display welcome message.
- - Satellite TV.