Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Ideas about behavior we believe to be true.
- Satiation Proposition - the more we receive of something, the less relative value it has (converse is true)
- We can predict future behavior from past behavior
- Norm of Reciprocity - scratch my back + I'll scratch yours
- Happiness is relative
- Behavior is selfish - "It's all about me"
- Teamwork is more important than the individual star - "Michael, if you can't pass, you can't play!
- Technology changes everything
The study of what people think, feel, and do in and around organizations
Combines sociology, psychology, cultural anthropology, & business/economics
What are Organizations?
Groups of people who work interdependently toward some purpose
- Structured patterns of interaction
- Coordinated tasks
- Have common objectives (even if not fully agreed)
Why study organizational behavior
Understanding, Predicting, and Influencing
Number one indicator of career success
Priority for many young people looking for new jobs
Continued employment determined by adding value
No contract for long-term employment; employment contingent on need at given point in time
Working from home with internet connectivity to office
Operate across space, time, and physical boundaries with colleagues who communicate mainly through electronic technologies.
Any structured activity that improves an organization's capacity to acquire, share, and use knowledge for its survival and success.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview