dsm cards - substance.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe the Diagnostic Criteria for Substance Abuse
- A. Substance abuse with at least one of the following within a 12-month period:
- - 1. Failure in work, school, home, or other major obligations.
- - 2. Use of substance in physically dangerous situations.
- - 3. Legal problems related to substance use.
- - 4. Continued use despite consequent social or interpersonal problems.
B. Symptoms never met for Substance Dependence for given substance class.
Note: Substance Abuse alone is not a diagnosis. See each substance.
Describe the Diagnostic Criteria for Substance Dependence
- Substance abuse with at least three of the following within a 12-month period:
- - 1. Tolerance.
- - 2. Withdrawal.
- - 3. Increased substance consumption.
- - 4. Wish to reduce or limit substance use.
- - 5. Obtaining, using, or recovering from the substance consumes considerable time.
- - 6. Elimination or reduction of social, occupational, or recreational activities.
- - 7. Substance use continues despite awareness of consequent problems.
Note: Substance Dependence alone is not a diagnosis. See each substance.
Describe the Diagnostic Criteria for Substance Intoxication
A. A reversible substance-specific syndrome develops due to ingestion of or exposure to a substance.
B. Maladaptive psychological or behavioral changes caused by the substance during or shortly after use.
C. Symptoms not due to a general medical condition.
Note: Substance Intoxication alone is not a diagnosis. See each substance.
Describe the Diagnostic Criteria for Substance Withdrawal
A. Substance-specific syndrome development caused by reducing or ceasing substance use.
B. The substance-specific syndrome causes distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important functioning.
C. A general medical condition does not cause the symptoms.
Note: Substance Withdrawal alone is not a diagnosis. See each substance.
Name the Substance Categories for Substance-Related Disorders
- Sedatives, Hypnotics, or Anxiolytics
- Other Substance
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview