Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
D&C 1:37-38 Search these commandments.
- 37 Search these commandments, for they are true and faithful, and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall all be fulfilled.
- 38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.
D&C 8:2-3 Spirit of revelation.
- 2 Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart.
- 3 Now, behold, this is the spirit of revelation; behold, this is the spirit by which Moses brought the children of Israel through the Red Sea on dry ground.
D&C 10:5 Pray always.
5 Pray always, that you may come off conqueror; yea, that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work.
D&C 14:7 God's greatest gift.
7 And, if you keep my commandments and endure to the end you shall have eternal life, which gift is the greatest of all the gifts of God.
D&C 18:10, 15-16 Worth of souls.
- 10 Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;
- 15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
- 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
D&C 19:16-19 Christ suffered for us.
- 16 For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent;
- 17 But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;
- 18 Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit—and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink—
- 19 Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my preparations unto the children of men.
D&C 25:12 The song of the righteous is a prayer.
12 For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads.
D&C 58:26-27 Anxiously engaged in a good cause
- 26 For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.
- 27 Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;
D&C 58:42-43 Repentant are forgiven.
- 42 Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more.
- 43 By this ye may know if a man repenteth of his sins—behold, he will confess them and forsake them.
D&C 59:9-10 Keep the Sabbath holy.
- 9 And that thou mayest more fully keep thyself unspotted from the world, thou shalt go to the house of prayer and offer up thy sacraments upon my holy day;
- 10 For verily this is a day appointed unto you to rest from your labors, and to pay thy devotions unto the Most High;
D&C 64: 9-11 Forgive one another.
- 9 Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin.
- 10 I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men.
D&C 64:23 Those tithed are not burned.
23 Behold, now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man, and verily it is a day of sacrifice, and a day for the tithing of my people; for he that is tithed shall not be burned at his coming.
D&C 76:22-24 Joseph Smith and Sidney Rigdon saw Jesus Christ.
- 22 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!
- 23 For we saw him, even on the bright hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—
- 24 That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.
D&C 82:3 Greater light, greater condemnation.
3 For of him unto whom much is given much is required; and he who sins against the greater light shall receive the greater condemnation.
D&C 82:10 The Lord is bound when we obey.
10 I, the Lord, am abound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.
D&C 84:33-39 Oath and covenant of the priesthood.
- 33 For whoso is faithful unto the obtaining these two priesthoods of which I have spoken, and the magnifying their calling, are sanctified by the Spirit unto the renewing of their bodies.
- 34 They become the sons of Moses and of Aaron and the seed of Abraham, and the church and kingdom, and the elect of God.
- 35 And also all they who receive this priesthood receive me, saith the Lord;
- 36 For he that receiveth my servants receiveth me;
- 37 And he that receiveth me receiveth my Father;
- 38 And he that receiveth my Father receiveth my Father's kingdom; therefore all that my Father hath shall be given unto him.
- 39 And this is according to the oath and covenant which belongeth to the priesthood.
D&C 88:123-24 Love one another.
- 123 See that ye love one another; cease to be covetous; learn to impart one to another as the gospel requires.
- 124 Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated.
D&C 89:18-21 Word of wisdom.
- 18 And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones;
- 19 And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures;
- 20 And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint.
- 21 And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen.
D&C 121:34-36 Many called, few chosen.
- 34 Behold, there are many called, but few are chosen. And why are they not chosen?
- 35 Because their hearts are set so much upon the things of this world, and aspire to the honors of men, that they do not learn this one lesson—
- 36 That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness.
D&C 130:18-19 Knowledge rises with us in the Resurrection.
- 18 Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection.
- 19 And if a person gains more and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advantage in the world to come.
D&C 130:20-21 Obedience to law brings blessings.
- 20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—
- 21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.
D&C 130:22-23 The Father and Son have bodies of flesh and bones.
- 22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.
- 23 A man may receive the Holy Ghost, and it may descend upon him and not tarry with him.
D&C 131:1-4 New and everlasting covenant of marriage.
- 1 IN the celestial glory there are three heavens or degrees;
- 2 And in order to obtain the highest, a man must enter into this border of the priesthood [meaning the new and everlasting covenant of marriage];
- 3 And if he does not, he cannot obtain it.
- 4 He may enter into the other, but that is the end of his kingdom; he cannot have an increase.
D&C 137:7-10 Heirs of celestial glory
- 7 Thus came the voice of the Lord unto me, saying: All who have died without a knowledge of this gospel, who would have received it if they had been permitted to tarry, shall be heirs of the celestial kingdom of God;
- 8 Also all that shall die henceforth without a knowledge of it, who would have received it with all their hearts, shall be heirs of that kingdom;
- 9 For I, the Lord, will judge all men according to their works, according to the desire of their hearts.
- 10 And I also beheld that all children who die before they arrive at the years of accountability are saved in the celestial kingdom of heaven.
Joseph Smith-History 1:15-20 The First Vision.
- 15 After I had retired to the place where I had previously designed to go, having looked around me, and finding myself alone, I kneeled down and began to offer up the desires of my heart to God. I had scarcely done so, when immediately I was seized upon by some power which entirely overcame me, and had such an astonishing influence over me as to bind my tongue so that I could not speak. Thick darkness gathered around me, and it seemed to me for a time as if I were doomed to sudden destruction.
- 16 But, exerting all my powers to call upon God to deliver me out of the power of this enemy which had seized upon me, and at the very moment when I was ready to sink into despair and abandon myself to destruction—not to an imaginary ruin, but to the power of some actual being from the unseen world, who had such marvelous power as I had never before felt in any being—just at this moment of great alarm, I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me.
- 17 It no sooner appeared than I found myself delivered from the enemy which held me bound. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!
- 18 My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the Personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right (for at this time it had never entered into my heart that all were wrong)—and which I should join.
- 19 I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.”
- 20 He again forbade me to join with any of them; and many other things did he say unto me, which I cannot write at this time. When I came to myself again, I found myself lying on my back, looking up into heaven. When the light had departed, I had no strength; but soon recovering in some degree, I went home. And as I leaned up to the fireplace, mother inquired what the matter was. I replied, “Never mind, all is well—I am well enough off.” I then said to my mother, “I have learned for myself that Presbyterianism is not true.” It seems as though the adversary was aware, at a very early period of my life, that I was destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer of his kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against me? Why the opposition and persecution that arose against me, almost in my infancy?