Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1. A plant that completes its entire life cycle within the space of a year.
- 2. Occurring or payable every year
- 1. An occurrence of thorough mixing.
- 2. Combine into one.
- 3. A word formed by joining two others (e.g., 'smog' is a blend of 'smoke' and 'fog').
- 4. Mix together different elements.
- 1. A dark oil consisting mainly of hydrocarbons.
- 2. Not carefully or expertly made.
- 3. Conspicuously and tastelessly indecent.
- 4. Not refined or processed.
- 5. Belonging to an early stage of technical development; characterized by simplicity and (often)
- 6. Devoid of any qualifications or disguise or adornment.
- 7. Not processed or subjected to analysis.
- 1. A feeling of grudging admiration and desire to have something possessed by another.
- 2. Feel envious towards; admire enviously.
- 3. Spite and resentment at seeing the success of another (personified as one of the deadly sins).
- 4. Be envious of; set one's heart on.
- 1. Ranking above all others.
- 2. Prominently forward.
- 3. Situated closest to the bow.
- 4. Before anything else.
- 5. Preceding all others in spatial position.
- 1. Marked by extreme and violent energy.
- 2. Marked by extreme anger.
A field where grass or alfalfa are grown to be made into hay.
- 1. The act of passing from one state or place to the next.
- 2. A section of text; particularly a section of medium length.
- 3. A journey usually by ship.
- 4. A short section of a musical composition.
- 5. A path or channel or duct through or along which something may pass.
- 6. The motion of one object relative to another.
One who loves and defends his or her country.
- 1. Production of a certain amount.
- 2. Be flexible under stress of physical force.
- 3. Give or supply.
- 4. Give in, as to influence or pressure.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview