The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- dynasty in China that stressed central authority. During this
- dynasty, Legalism developed.
- who didn't have meaningful skills. They had more harsh punishments
- for crime than groups of people. They were also required to wear
- green scarves so they stood out in public, and people were able to
- recognize them.
- throughout China spreading his ideas and politics and the government.
- He believed in divine right, and wasn't a religious leader.
- Chinese beliefs and the harmony of nature were both incorporated in
- Daosim. Lao-zi, the leader, said that there was a divine impulse in
- nature, which controls all life.
- trade route between China and the Mediterranean Sea. It connected
- China to the Roman Empire.
- of Daosim. He told people that life is directed by the divine impulse
- in nature and to fully understand humans, you need to contemplate the
- life force.
- have a strong government and constant invasions and political
- problems led to its decline. During the dynasty, they tried to get
- cultural unity.
- book the the Confucian doctrine was recorded in.
- leader of the Qin Dynasty. He was brutal but effective. He had
- bureaucracies the ruled large provinces.
- many different works. Some of those were speeches, historical
- treaties, information about ceremonies and etiquette, and other
- political pieces of work.
- most famous ruler was Wu Ti. During the Han Dynasty, the
- bureaucracies improved and the government was more focused on
- Confucian teachings. The Dynasty declined because of invasions and a
- weakening central government.
- over 3000 miles and was built by Shih Huangdi to guard the dynasty
- against invasions by barbarians.
- believed in ruling by force and hated Confucianism.
- this time, rulers were starting to create their own armies. This
- period is the time in the Zhou Dynasty when it was declining.