The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Whats the 1st order?
1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view.
Whats the 2nd order?
2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert, and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
Whats the 3rd order?
3. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
Whats the 4th order?
4. To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guard house than my own.
Whats the 5th order?
5. To quit my post only when properly relieved.
Whats the 6th order?
6. To receive, obey and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Command Duty Officer, Officer of the Deck, and Officers and Petty Officers of the Watch only.
Whats the 7th order?
7. To talk to no one except in the line of duty.
Whats the 8th order?
8. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
Whats the 9th order?
9. To call the Officer of the Deck in any case not covered by instructions.
Whats the 10th order?
10. To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.
Whats the 11th order?
11. To be especially watchful at night, and, during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.
What is the Sailor's Creed?
I am a United States Sailor.I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me.
I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and all who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world.
I proudly serve my country’s Navy combat team with Honor, Courage and Commitment.
I am committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all.
Mission of The Navy?
The mission of the United States Navy is to protect and defend the right of the United States and our allies to move freely on the oceans and to protect our country against her enemies.
I will not lie, cheat, or steal nor tolerate those among us who do.
Honor: "I will bear true faith and allegiance ..." Accordingly, we will:
- *Conduct ourselves in the highest ethical manner in all relationships with peers, superiors and subordinates
- *Be honest and truthful in our dealings with each other, and with those outside the Navy
- *Be willing to make honest recommendations and accept those of junior personnel
- *Encourage new ideas and deliver the bad news, even when it is unpopular
- *Abide by an uncompromising code of integrity, taking responsibility for our actions and keeping our word
- *Fulfill or exceed our legal and ethical responsibilities in our public and personal lives twenty-four hours a day. Illegal or improper behavior or even the appearance of such behavior will not be tolerated. We are accountable for our professional and personal behavior. We will be mindful of the privilege to serve our fellow Americans.
Courage: "I will support and defend ..." Accordingly, we will
- *Have courage to meet the demands of our profession and the mission when it is hazardous, demanding, or otherwise difficult; *Make decisions in the best interest of the navy and the nation, without regard to personal consequences
- *Meet these challenges while adhering to a higher standard of personal conduct and decency
- *Be loyal to our nation, ensuring the resources entrusted to us are used in an honest, careful, and efficient way. Courage is the value that gives us the moral and mental strength to do what is right, even in the face of personal or professional adversity.
Commitment: "I will obey the orders ..." Accordingly, we will:
- *Demand respect up and down the chain of command
- *Care for the safety, professional, personal and spiritual well-being of our people
- *Show respect toward all people without regard to race, religion, or gender
- *Treat each individual with human dignity
- *Be committed to positive change and constant improvement; *Exhibit the highest degree of moral character, technical excellence, quality and competence in what we have been trained to do. The day-to-day duty of every Navy man and woman is to work together as a team to improve the quality of our work, our people and ourselves.