The Individual Differences Approach to Personality
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The individual differences perspective is an example of what approach?
What is the difference between the nomothetic and the idiographic approaches?
- The nomothetic approach incorporates testable theories that can be applied to the masses.
- The idiographic approach focuses on the individuals and studies what makes them unique.
Who is the main theorist associated with the establishment of the Individual Differences Approach?
What are the three types of personality traits/dimensions that are tested by psychometric tests focusing on individual differences?
- Personality traits:Enduring characteristics (e.g. hard-working and fun-loving)
- Trait dimensions: Biopolar descriptions (e.g. reliable vs unreliable)
- Personality dimensions:Fundamental bipolar aspects of personality (e.g. introversion vs extraversion)
Name three trait theorists.
- Costa & McCrae
What is the difference between etic and emic approaches?
Which theorist is associated with the Big Five?
What are the personality dimensions that make up the Big Five?
- Emotional Stability
Who is the 16PF questionnaire associated with?
The 16 Personality Factor questionnaire is associated with Cattell
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview