BIO 153 P4
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
loss of water via evaporation from the aerial parts of a plant
the potential energy that water has in a particular environment compared with the potential energy of pure water at room temperature and atmospheric pressure
the movement of water across membranes in response to differences in water potential
cohesion vs adhesion
- hydrogen bonding causes both in the xylem
- cohesion - water molecules with each other
- adhesion - water molecules with cell walls
What causes water to travel up the stem against gravity and exit the leaves?
- 1. root pressure - pressure potential in the roots
- 2. capillary action
- 3. cohesion-tension
3 routes through root cortex to zylem
- 1. transmembrane route - water channels located in the plasma membranes of root cells
- 2. apoplastic - outside the plasma membrane
- 2. symplastic - via plasmodesmata
the movement of sugars throughout a plant
the anatomy of phloem
sieve-tube members and companion cells
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview